cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Keeps Charging me money and I don't even have an account anymore

DasWeltAuto
I'm a participant level 1

I don't know how can I handle this situation, I would like to find a solution.

I am not Canadian and I don't live in Canada. However, I spent my past summer in Canada and I got there a Fido prepay internet card just for the two months I was going to stay. I cancelled it before coming back home and I gave them the Fido SIM card I used. 

I don't know why but they keep sending me e-mails telling me that I have to pay a bill which is still growing. I don't live in Canada and I don't have a Fido account anymore, I payed what I had to pay but I still recieve these e-mails as if I were still using that phone number. And the bill is growing every month!!

I sent e-mails and they didn't answer and I am not going to call a canadian phone number.   

Please, it would be nice if someone helps me find a solution.

3 REPLIES 3

madming

My wife has the same trouble: 

She was using fido before but had changed to another company for more than a year. 

Fido messaged her that she had a gaining balance, but she hadn't been using fido for more than a year.

We called fido and made it very clear, the call took us two hours including waiting for the customer service to ask permission from their manager. It was finally solved, but the same problem appears again last week which is very very annoying.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @madming! Smiley

We're sorry to hear that this has been so frustrating to resolve, we're here for you though!

You mentioned this was fixed but now you're noticing charges again. When you spoke to us to resolve it, did they confirm they cancelled the account?

Also, when logging in online, does it show the account as cancelled?

If not, we'll have to check out what happened. Please contact us so we can do that or if you prefer a PM here on the Community let us know. 

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DasWeltAuto

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

We'll be happy to take a peek at your account and see what's going on there. I'll send you a PM here in a moment.

Chat soon!