cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Device Protection is the worst

TwylaDawn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

total scam - I dropped my phone about a month ago but was happy to know i was paying for Device Protection every month. Doesn't matter though, seems i have been paying into nothing! I have gone to 2 different fido stores on 2 seperate occassions, each time being told they don't have any loaners in, and to contact Asurian. 
I contact them, they don't have any phones, and ask me to pay a couple hundred dollars for a new phone. 
what is the point of this coverage.

and the Fido rep on the phone was zero help, and quite infuriating actually. 
I have always loved Fido, been a customer for a LONG time, and i feel they need to offer long time customers a better option. will be switching companies as soon as possible.

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello TwylaDawn. 

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. 

The Fido Device Protection has extended device and accessories replacement options. All the replacements are handled by Asurion who is a third party vendor that manages device replacements. 

Asurion charges a Service Replacement Fee via credit card for each replacement. The fee varies depending on the device.

A documentation was sent to you with all the details on how it works. For more information, you can find that here

We certainly don't want to see you go. I would like to take a look at the situation with you.

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon Smiley

**Update: As of February 2018, Fido Premium Device Protection is managed by our new vendor Brightstar. More info here.**