I called Fido on August 17th to purchase a new phone.
The agent offered to waive the activation fee, give a discount on the plan and offer the phone for 0$ dollars.
- The phone was not delivered as the agent forgot to add the apartment number.
- I called Purolator and they informed that Fido needed to contact them directly to do the change
- A supervisor told me that he called them and they accepted the change, only to find out that this wasn't true. Purolator confirmed they never got direction to update the apartment number. They further confirmed, that they only take this direction in writing from Fido's backoffice team and no via phone calls.
- I called Fido again and another supervisor looked into it and was trying to find solutions. We were going over the details of my offer and new plan when she told me that the call center agent that I spoke to on the 17th, didn't have the power to give this offer.
- Whatever credits were offered by this agent would not be honored.
- She said that Fido has an external call center and that the agents that work there have a tendency to do this.
- She also said that even though I was promised something false by someone in the company, that they couldnt do anything about it. Even though I lost another good deal with a different provider.
This is the worst customer service I've experienced. Not only due to agents not doing their work correctly, but more because they resorted to unethical practices to try to make a sale and management doesn't seem to care.
I will be posting this review in multiple platforms until I hear from someone who can do something about this.
Solved! Go to Solution.