cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to cancel account

albert21
I'm a participant level 2

I hope someone can help me with this problem, especially someone from Fido. 

I was a Fido customer before August 2020, since then I have left Canada. Before I left, I called Fido customer service multiple times to cancel my phone plan and account, but the customer service line is always busy, I waited for 30+ minutes multiple times and still no agent available to answer my call. So I left Canada without successfully cancelling my account, however I stopped using Fido phone & SIM card since August as well as I am not in Canada. Yet recently I got multiple emails from a collections company asking me to pay $300 plus dollars for Fido, which is more or less worth 6 months' bill.

As I have not used Fido's services at all, I really believe I shouldn't pay those 6 month extra bill. Could somebody from Fido help me solve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @albert21,

Regardless if you use the service or not as long as the line is active you are responsible for the payments.

Since you did not proceed with the cancellation the charges will be valid and you would be responsible for making the payments.

Fido has many different methods to contact them even from outside the country, see here.

albert21

I even discarded my Fido SIM card, is my account still active?

Hello @albert21,

Not using the service or discarding the SIM does not mean the account is canceled or you will not be billed.

If you did not contact the company and actually cancel the service with them it will still be active but in your case, since your account is with a collections agency it means the account is no longer active with Fido and it will have a negative impact on you getting service again with Fido and on your overall credit score.