cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO charging me full rate even after putting my account on temporary hold

TA1997
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had to leave my university in Canada temporarily due to covid and had put my account on hold for the time I would be outside. Without my consent and out of the blue, my account was taken out of hold in January or February of 2021 and was charged my usual rate of 40$/month and ended up having to pay ~90$(Inclusive of late payment fine). I reached out to Fido support over the issue and was told my only option was to settle and then put it on hold again. 

fast forward to today, my account has another 2 months worth of payment pending and Fido support won't help me out. 

I have been a customer with Fido for over 5 years and have never missed a payment. But, right now I feel like I'm being cheated. I'm being forced to pay for a service I haven't used and the charges have been made despite me having placed my account on hold  TWICE! 

I would really like some support with this! 

TIA

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello TA1997,

Welcome to the community!

How long have you had the temporary suspension? You should note that there is a maximum number of months available for the temporary suspension. I believe it's 12 months. Is it possible that your temporary suspension reached its limit?

I understand you have already reached out to customer service. However, you would likely need to re-contact customer service for additional assistance. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. This is the community forum and not a venue intended for customer service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers