cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Disappointed - Policy Changes

xZhongCheng
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Today, I received a text from Fido, saying I am eligable for a upgrade since Its been 2.5 years my contract started. I had inquired about upgrades a few months back, and they said I would be eligable in July. After I received the text, I talked to a fido rep, then they notified that I am not eligable to receive a upgrade. This is absolute bull that they are allowed to change the conditions of our contract WITHOUT NOTIFYING us. I was honestly thinking of sticking to fido again, since I have been their customer for roughly 6 years, and its been great until this. But because of these recent changes and the way I was treated, I am thinking of switching as soon as I am out of the contract.

7 REPLIES 7

MikeBrown
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I just discovered, and posted about the same thing: in June I confirmed one of our accounts was eligible for early renewal on July 7th. It's now Dec 29th. That's a big change.

Mike

8hf438uhf49j
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
yeah i don't understand how the heck they can change it even for preexisting contracts? So much for integrity and caring for customers. Who ever decided to pull this one through probably had their head up their a**.

sheedy17
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

The 6 month renewal period is considered a promotion and Fido can take that back at any time, it isnt a set guideline they had, so they didnt change anyones contract. All providers are doing this now, not just Fido

MikeBrown
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

It makes no difference now - my early renewal is completely gone - but I wanted to comment on your remark that this is a 'promotion'.

It wasn't, and shouldn't be seen as anything more than an opportunity for Fido to lock you in to another contract.

At the end of your contract, you may or may not renew. But one thing is certain: you're open to either with no restrictions.

But by giving you the opportunity to renew early, Fido is saying 'We don't know if you're going to renew when your contract expires, so we're going to allow you to do it now so we don't have to worry about it later.'

Mike

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
MikeBrown I agree with you. the early renewal condition should be part of your contract agreement. If a change is made, it should only apply to new contracts and have no effect on existing contracts.

I would like to post a hyperthecial question to others. Say next Month, All wireless porvides need to add-on a $100 'wireless fee' to every account. Should existing customers under a contract be required to pay this fee?

Saiz
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

It was kinda same for me where it motivated me to get the phone else where....

Since theres very limited thing u can do with the phones 2 to 3 years ago.... dun think i ever sign that long of a contract anymore....

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
A lot of users are complaining about this sudden change which happened about a month ago. However there is not much to be done at this moment.