Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Charge Bill

tooonferreira
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

I received my second fido bill and when I looked the value to pay I was in shock. 
My plan is 6GB for 50$ and I used more 6GB like a extra data, so ok, I agree I need to pay more for this, maybe more 50$, even 100$, but never 500$ for just 6GB, it is not make sense. 
I don't know how to solve this problem, because it is not fair to pay this big different value. Is it commom the fido charge a big value like this for the exttra????

2 REPLIES 2

fthjgkvyhjvy

The message only says the bill is exceeding $50, not $500!! Fido is stealing huge amounts out of our pockets just by making overage fees vague. I'm a student and I have no way of paying back this amount. This is horrible.

FidoSaira

Hey @tooonferreira,

Welcome to Fido Community!

I understand your concern, a higher than expected bill is certainly not a pleasant experience to have. There is no fix amount for overage though, you're billed the overage rate of your plan in case you exceed your data bucket. The details of your plan are available on your online account along with its overage rate.

Having said that, we offer tons of method to track your usage so situations like this can be avoided. 

Customers also receive text message notifications/intercepts when they reach $50 of data charges. Their data usage is then paused for the remainder of the bill cycle unless they specifically consent to additional data charges. If the customer consents to use additional data and removes the block, they continue being charged the overage rate of the plan on top of the $50.

Did you accept to continue using your data?