cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domestic roaming

Nicola
I'm a participant level 2

I have an iphone 5s with Fido - but have just moved to a rural location with no Fido coverage. However, my husband who is with Telus can fully use his iphone 5s over the Bell tower that is nearby. He doesn't get charged for domestic roaming between Bell and Telus. My iphone can see both Bell and Telus networks but can't get service on either - why not? Is there something that I need to do to be able to use my phone at home?

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

all the big 3 carriers in canada have initially made it so it so you would use your own carriers network within canada, ie rogers customers only use rogers towers,   then things got a little different when 3g rolled out,  rogers built their network, where as bell and telus shared the cost of building it out but they have made it according to a new technology called Multi operator core network where they build a bell tower, they also make it telus enabled.  they just share the tower infastructure, but they have both infastructure in their equiptment shelter.   so your husdband on telus 3g hspa is actually connected to the telus network, he is NOT roaming on bell.

Nicola
Thank you for explaining Happy