cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do late payment affect my credit score?

Nathy
I'm a participant level 2

I payed my bill 2 days after the due date. I was wondering if this will affect my credit score. 

6 REPLIES 6

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Nathy,

Welcome to the community!

Late payments can impact your credit score, here is a good article from Equifax and TransUnion here

Nathy

Thanks for the links. Although a 2 days cellphone late payment doesn't seem to affect much.

Hello Nathy,

Welcome to the community!

I am doubtful that a late payment of 2 days will affect your credit score. That said, you may have incurred some late payment fees (see here).

Most cellular phone companies do not routinely report payment information to the credit bureaus. However, if your payment is past due to the point it gets sent to a collections agency, that agency would report it to the credit bureaus resulting in a hit on your credit score (see here, here, and here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

FYI Current Canada "credit reporting rules for mobile phones" Other accounts included on a credit report

Mobile phone and Internet accounts may be reported on a credit report, even though they aren't credit accounts.

Src: Equifax

Mobile phone does not carry scores only info on how long you have established accounts.  Tips : Call equifax request your credit report every 6 to 12 months its FREE and important for you to review your Id e.g. online security. NB I dont suggest using Karma credit as they are NOT regulated! ;~

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Thank you @FidoStephane

& a very Merry Christmas to you! :robothappy: