cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounts/credits on promotions

Ashfaq1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello all, Be aware of promotions offered by Fido. I switched 4 lined from other carreirs to Fido on Black friday deals i.e. $25 per month for 15 months. But first bill I got for two months and Fido divided promo on two months rather than on each month. when I contacted CS they have no answer and explained bill. Finally a gentleman explained how the it does work is a trick. For us  as a customer is a cheating that rather giving discount on each month they split discount on two months in one bill. actually we are not getting any discount on first month. probably will switch lines back to previous carrier.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Ashfaq1,

I'm sad to learn that your most recent bill was higher than expected, this isn't pleasant.

Though rest assured that you would be receiving the credits that you were promised, even if the credits applied only covered one month while your bill included 2 months of service. The credits would be still be spread on the 15 different bill. You aren't necessarily being charged extra, just that your first bill following the change is larger, due to the two months of service.

Hope this helps and if you still need help, you can contact us using the methods shown here

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Thank you for the warning. When fido reps are a little too eager to push these too-good-to-be-true deals, I start to suspect that they aren't actually trying to save me money.

You might want to contact either the CRTC or your provincial consumer ministry (in Ontario it's the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services) and see if they have protections if you were duped. Companies like Rogers bet on people not standing up for themselves.