cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing Experience with Fido Winback Team—Need Advice!

Pooyan2023
I'm a participant level 3

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my frustrating journey with the Fido Winback team and seek your advice on how to proceed. I switched from Fido to Bell due to poor customer service but was lured back last Black Friday by an attractive offer from Fido's Winback team. However, my return has been anything but smooth.

After accepting their offer, the team discovered I was an international student. They requested a credit check, which I agreed to, believing my good credit score (730+) would suffice. Yet, minutes later, they declined my application without a clear explanation. Interestingly, they then suggested that I could register the service under my uncle's name (also a Fido customer) and later transfer everything to my name. I agreed, happy with this solution.

When the phone arrived, the eSIM did not work correctly. To make matters worse, I was informed I could only transfer the responsibility of the service, not the bills. Upon checking with TransUnion and Equifax, I discovered that my credit score was never actually checked!

I've contacted the Winback team multiple times for clarification and assistance. They promised a callback from a supervisor before the end of the 30-day trial period, allowing me to return the phone if unsatisfied. That call never came. Since then, despite opening more than ten tickets and making requests in January, February, March, May, June, July, and August, I've received no response.

I've been billed for three months for an eSIM service I couldn't use, only partially resolved after involving the management division. It's been nine months, and the disconnect between the regular support team and the Winback team has left me in limbo. They keep saying that only the Winback team can resolve my issues, but no one from that team has contacted me.

I'm at my wit's end. Should I escalate this by having my uncle freeze his credit card payments until they respond? Or should I take this to social media to highlight their lack of respect and accountability? It's not just about the money—it's about the principle and the way they've treated a loyal customer.

Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering drastic measures if this isn't resolved soon.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to your suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNajat

Hey @Pooyan2023! We're really sorry to read about your recent experience with us, that's really not what we want to provide. Feel free to contact us so we can take a closer look at your account. Please note that we're also available via PM on X, Facebook, or Instagram. 

Pooyan2023

Hey FidoOfficial,

I appreciate the response, but frankly, this feels like yet another runaround. I have reached out to Fido’s customer service multiple times, and each interaction has left me more frustrated and unresolved. Every time, the blame is shifted to the elusive Winback team, who apparently are too hesitant to make contact. I’ve lodged numerous callback requests, escalated this to your management, and yet, there’s silence on their end.

The Winback team lacks a direct line of communication, which has effectively stranded me without any real support. Your suggestion to contact via social media or PM doesn’t reassure me, given that my previous attempts through these channels have led nowhere.

I’m actively seeking advice from this community and preparing for significant actions if this situation continues to be ignored. I have recorded evidence of the offers made by your Winback team, which I am ready to use in my defense. I need a resolution, not more empty promises. If substantial help isn’t forthcoming, I will have to escalate this matter beyond social media and customer service.

I expect much more from Fido, and I’m sure others in this forum do as well.