cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limits

Affdaff
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a Fido plan with 6 gig of Data. I almost never use it. Actually, probably never. This plan also includes unlimited text messages.  Question is: Why do I have trouble opening pictures or attachments to my text messages? I ensure the Data is on and yet after 2 gig of data it freezes and won't allow me to use my data until the next billing cycle. When I check my data useage it shows nothing has been used. Don't get it.

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Affdaff,

It sounds like you have data limit enabled on your phone.

You will need to go into your phone's settings and turn it off or increase the limit.

The setting is usually found in the network and Internet settings or you can go to settings and search data limit and you should be able to find it.

Hi there @Affdaff, that's a curious thing. My best guess would be that you don't have a strong data connection over Wireless. As texts, sms and mms are received and sent over the data network and not Wi-Fi,  if the signal isn't strong enough it may not send or receive. Are you on LTE or 4g with 2 or more bars when this happens? If possible, try to relocate to somewhere with a good strong wireless signal and see if that makes a difference. Also, your cache could be full, a restart and clearing your cache might fix it. Hope that helps, cheers