cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Top-Up charged without even using

Harsimrat1149
I'm a participant level 2

I have a postpaid plan 4 gb. I was having a look at the data add ons at the fido app. I accidentally clicked on the 300 mb data option and was charged $10 immediately.  Soon after that, i sent message 'CANCEL' TO 222. But still it reflects on my account probably because it gets cancelled from next billing cycle which is strange ! . When i have cancelled it without even using the add on, why should i be charged in this cycle? 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hello @arsimrat1149  and welcome to the Community.

From what I understand, you added a data top-up. Once this option is added, I can confirm that it will be available until the end of your cycle.

Cancelling the top-up ends it for the end of your cycle, so you won't be charged the following month.

On the question of why you should be charged, we do mention the price of the add-on before you add it to your services. 

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach a representative by going through our contact list here.

We can also send you a PM here on the Community if you need help with your account.

Harsimrat1149

If a service, {data add on} has been added inadvertently by a click of a button, it doesn't even comfirm by another dialogue box asking " Do you want to go ahead" with the purchase. It just deducts money right away... The data add- on wont be used and i disactivated it immediately from the app.

Then why would I be charged for this current cycle when its not being used at all? 

@Harsimrat1149

I went over the process to add the add-on from your app and here are the steps:

1. Open the My Account app on your device.
  2. Tap ADD DATA.
  3. Select the Monthly Data Add-on that you’d like to purchase. 
  4. Tap PURCHASE to confirm your data purchase.

Right after the third step, you have a page showing up clearly letting you know that you are about to purchase an add-on with the price associated to it.

It's only logical that you are charged for this option once you click on PURCHASE. Which is why you are charged for this option even when you decide to cancel it afterwards, since the option is available to you until the end of your cycle.

If you need more details on the charge, we would be happy to help. You can reach a representative through our contact channels here.

We can also send you a PM here on the Community if it's best for you. Smiley