cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit balance on my old account

Jace60
I'm a participant level 2

I have activated a new fido account three weeks ago. When a fido agent tried to activate a new line for me, he couldn't add the line to my old account due to the website glitches. In the email which I last received from Fido 6 months after canceling my old mobile line, I saw I still had a credit of $14.58 on my old fido account as I got overcharged by Fido, but the credit disappeared. I would like to know if I still have the credit on my old account  and if the credit can be transferred to my new account.

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Jace60,

Welcome to the community!

When you cancel an account and if there is a credit Fido will issue a refund via cheque and it will be sent out when the final invoice has been produced to the address on file.

It can take between 3-6 weeks before you get it, you should have gotten it by now unless you moved either way you would need to contact customer service directly so they can look into it.

Jace60

No, I never received the cheque. I canceled my line in December 2018 and received the last email from Fido in July 2019, showing that I still have the credit on my old account. It means that Fido never sent the cheque for seven months after my old line was canceled. 

@Jace60 contact customer service directly and they can look into it for you.