cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract was renewed without informing account-holder, and without consent

GSArora
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I called in a couple of weeks ago to change my SIM card, and asked about changing my plan, as I'm currently being shafted.

I was on an iPhone plan from my 3GS due to end in April, but I was hoping to save some money and called in.

They said it was alright, said literally nothing about renewing the contract, and today I received a letter stating my contract has been extended to 2015. I'm not even the actual account holder, they didn't ask for my name.

How do I go about explaining to them that they're screwing me over, and I'm dropping Fido.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@GSArora wrote:

I called in a couple of weeks ago to change my SIM card, and asked about changing my plan, as I'm currently being shafted.

I was on an iPhone plan from my 3GS due to end in April, but I was hoping to save some money and called in.

They said it was alright, said literally nothing about renewing the contract, and today I received a letter stating my contract has been extended to 2015. I'm not even the actual account holder, they didn't ask for my name.

How do I go about explaining to them that they're screwing me over, and I'm dropping Fido.

Hi GSArora,

This seems to be a mistake. Sometimes when a plan is changed, the agreement is automatically renewed by the system. The CSR should have noticed it and corrected it, however if they did not, you can certainly contact us to have this fixed.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@GSArora wrote:

If there was no consent then there is no legal contract. A contract requires agreement from both parties. Simply have the account holder call and tell them to correct there system so there are no problems later, for instance if they do want to renew their contract later and get a phone. But legally, they are not in a contract, regardless what the Fido CSR entered into the system, if there was no agreement.