cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint + Find a new service provider!

Amerktcaprile
I'm a participant level 3

The customer service with Fido is atrocious. Has always been! But today alone, the phone line hung up on me twice. Once while on hold, a second time after being connected to a completely useless representative.
The "chat" option is worse than useless - it can't answer any relevant questions, and disconnects every time it tries to connect me to a real person.
And both stop service by 7 PM, which is ridiculous!
And Messenger wouldn't even respond, except for a completely irrelevant promotional ad.

Now, I've been with Fido for several years, have referred numerous people along the way, and still have my wife on my account with me.
I also have full-time military status as of July, as a regular member of the RCAF.
And am also a full-time student at UBC, under the ROTP program.

I know there are currently at least a few providers offering me 100 GB for $25 plus a free iPhone 15 ($0 down, $0/month, 0% interest). At least one of these also offers: 1000 long-distance minutes, better & more reliable coverage, data and unlimited calls across & within Canada and the USA, and over $350+ worth of points.

I'm wondering, what can Fido do to beat these offers? And additionally, what loyalty, military, and student discounts can be added on top of that?
In the past, Fido's only been able to offer disappointment, leading me on with fraud and farce.

Additionally, I've had countless serious issues with Fido in the past, and currently have ongoing billing issues with discrepancies being one of the few reliable consistencies Fido offers. I'm willing to look past these for now, for the right offer.. but doubt Fido even know what a reasonable offer is.

I am looking forward to finally ending both my and my wife's services with Fido, and will be making sure all of the family, friends, and in-laws that I'd referred will find different, better service providers as well.. if they haven't smartened up and done so already.
I suggest you all do the same.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoLony

Hey @Amerktcaprile,

I'm sorry to learn about these ongoing incidents. This is not the kind of experience we aim to offer. 🙁

Our rates remain competitive in the market and we always work on offering the best prices for new phones!

We'd love nothing more but to take a second look into things and see how we can help, or properly escalate this as you mentioned! 

Please get in contact with us here to continue with our care support team.

Amerktcaprile

Thank you for reaching out.
I tried giving Fido one last chance and called customer service again, as I'd hoped the loyalty department could have done something useful, especially given my military and student status in addition to almost a decade with Fido.
My partner, parents, sisters, in-laws, and I have since left Fido for good, and now have 100 GB for $25 plus a free iPhone 15 ($0 down, $0/month, 0% interest), 1000 long-distance minutes, better & more reliable coverage, data and unlimited calls across Canada and the USA, and over $350+ worth of points. Plus their customer service has already proven to be not only responsive but helpful!

Amerktcaprile

Note: also had the same issue everybody else seems to have - no way to file a formal complaint/ escalate, other than third-party/ ombudsman.