Checking Phone's VoiceMail messages with computer from overseas

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Checking Phone's VoiceMail messages with computer from overseas

I am overseas. I purposely left my chip at home, as I didn't want to pay costly roaming charges (and other fees).

I want to open my laptop (have access to internet here) and somehow check my messages that would conceivably be piling up on my phone's voice mail.

HOW CAN I DO THIS?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Checking Phone's VoiceMail messages with computer from overseas

Hi Pilgrimpictures,

In order to check your phone's voice mail you would have to call into your phone's voice mail.  The easiest way to do this is simply call your number, and when your voice mail picks up hit the pound (#) key.  As you mentioned using a computer, there are a multitude of carriers that offer a, sometimes free, VOIP functionality.  This same process will work with them.

--------------------

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

The only way that I know of, would be to connect to some kind of Internet Phone gateway over the internet, then you can call the Fido Voicemail Retreival number. Unfortunately I can not help you connect your laptop to an internet to phone gateway, that is something I'm not familiar with.

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted

I guess I could try to Skype call my phone, and use dial tone/ touch key steps to access my voice mail -- if I'm understanding you. 

thanks for the reply; it's been hours and Fido has not replied yet.

=(

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

probably because there is no demand for such feature... sorry Sad

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3
Solution

Hi Pilgrimpictures,

In order to check your phone's voice mail you would have to call into your phone's voice mail.  The easiest way to do this is simply call your number, and when your voice mail picks up hit the pound (#) key.  As you mentioned using a computer, there are a multitude of carriers that offer a, sometimes free, VOIP functionality.  This same process will work with them.

--------------------

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

That is a good reply. Thanks for an volunteed reply from a great Fido employee.  You deserve to be the manager of Fido customer relationship.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

would not say be a manager just a raise should be in order lol

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted

VOIP

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 12
Highlighted

How do you do that when you don't even have a 4 digits password? I have visual voicemail on my iPhone and vener had to enter a password to check my voicemail. I tried calling fido to "reset" my password and make it the last 4 digits of my phone number. And it still doesn't work. I haven't been able to check my messages since I left Canada. Can someone help please!?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted

I tried what you did but why I hit the pound key a beep sounds as if im recording a voicemail and when i dont say anything after that the lady says "ive cancelled your msg." I dont want to record a msg I want to hear my msgs
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 12