cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged with Activation Fees when Agent said I would not!

rishilgandhi
I'm a participant level 1

In early May I had called Fido Customer Service as I was interested in transferring my account from another service provider to Fido.

The Customer Service Agent (name: Herze and Ext #7704) helped me with the plan details and everything was ok and when summarizing the plan details and charges, I confirmed with him 3-4 times if Activation fees would be waived off and he said "Yes, don't worry I have added a note in the system."

So I went ahead and the new lines (2 new lines) got processed. I got my new SIM cards 2 days later and when I called to activate the new SIM cards, I reconfirmed with the Agent regarding my plan and he too reconfirmed that there were No Activation Fees ($40 for each line)!

A month has passed and now I received my First Bill. Guess what..there is a charge for $80 in Activation Fees!!!

When I spoke with the Customer Service Agent, she said "The agent at the time left a note on the system saying that customer was made aware of the Activation fees and customer agreed!!!"

THIS WAS CLEAR LIES STATED BY THE AGENT WHO HAD HELPED ME OPEN THE LINE!

I had actually tried to process the order online and because I had been an existing Fido customer and then had transferred to another serivce provider and was returning back to Fido using the same account registration details, the online system was not processing correctly and I kept getting Error messages and thus had to take the help of a Customer Serivce Agent - who during my call had said that he made note of this in the system and thus was able to waive the activation fees.

I am not willing to pay $80 worth of fees for which I was promised that it had been waived off!

Since all calls are logged and recorded, please go through the call records and listen to our conversation as it will prove that I was right!

This is unbelievable how agents are willing to lie to the customers just to make a sale and then cheat those customers!

FIDO please help resolve this ASAP.

3 REPLIES 3

dimples27

I also got this charged after I spent hours on the phone to get a hold of an agent since the previous agent I spoke to hung up on me. He stated that he would waive it on my initial call since the online set up didn't seem to work so they really wanted to you to call so they can scam you with the set up charge!  My bill does not make sense. I switched from Virgin to Fido but then I ended up paying more. Makes no sense. Where's the logic. I am beyond frustrated at this experience. I was a Fido customer before and I didn't have a good experience before but I thought it would be different this time. 

Hey @dimples27! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and welcome to the Community!

If the website wasn't working when you were trying to upgrade and the agent offered to waive the $40 fee due to that then it's definitely something we can look into!

You also mentioned that your invoice doesn't make sense or is , can you provide some more info on that if you can and the Community can give some insights?

In terms of the fee, please contact our care teams and they'll be able to look into it with you! If you prefer, we can also send you a PM here on the Community, just let us know.

FidoKenny

Hello @rishilgandhi

To go over your bill and see what was discussed, we will need access to your account.

You can find all of the ways to contact us here.

If it's best for you, we can also send you a PM here on the Community.

Let us know. what's best for you.