cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged on a cancelled account

gerralacson
I'm a participant level 2

Hi. I am disappointed because I was charged $102.02 on my account (pre-authorized payment) even after i have cancelled my account with Fido. I opened an account on October 2, 2018 and cancelled it on October 5, 2018. I believe that I am still within the 10-day trial so i think that Fido has to give my money back. 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoKenny

Hello @gerralacson

Based on what you explained you would still get charged for the days where your line was active with us 

Of course, you have a 15 days satisfaction warranty that allows you to cancel your service right away.

We do charge one month in advance. Any charge after your cancellation date will be reversed automatically and you will receive a bill at your billing address.

To verify your account, we would need to have access to your account. To contact us, you can go through our channels here.

I hope this helps Smiley

gerralacson

Yes but charging me $102.02 is just not right i guess. But what can i do or how can you help me to be able to get my money back?

nimmkishan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

yeah, they did chargerd on my cancelled account. when I first spoke with customer care they said it will be taken by the end of the billing cycle it doesnt happen and spoke with an other guy ,he said I have to pay the bill which is about $109 for nothing, else they will screw my credit..No choice left I paid it, nice way to steal the money and they said it will be adjusted.god know if it happens.

The coustomer care doenst care about any thing they have limited and standard answers to every question you ask. So no point wasting the time with them. They really dont care, just wanted your money no matter what. sorry about your situtation. I will never do business with them agian in my life with (FIDO or Rogers).

LESSON LEARNED.

It seems like there were a few conversations with you and the customer service already.

I would like to take a look at what happened with you to make sure everything is resolved.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon Smiley

@gerralacson

You will get a refund for every charge that needs to be reversed.

You will see the adjustments on your final invoice and a refund cheque will be sent to your billing address.