Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for returned phone and set up fee

Aliceh
I'm a participant level 2

Hi fido community,

I bought a certified pre-owned phone but ended up returning it since it was locked to TD, and I've been trying to return it since end of October but everything was delayed because they told me they were sending me a new one but they didn't and only later when i asked, they told me they were out of stock. I asked 2 times for shipping labels and they never gave it to me and finally I was able to return it 2 weeks ago because I found a shipping code an agent has mentioned.

I asked twice to have this phone charge removed from my account and now I just got charged for the phone, full price (not the pre owned price). On top of that, I was charged the $50 set up fee that was supposed to be waived for signing up online. Now I have a $176 bill for a $50 plan. 

I tried to ask for help on the online chat (I'm out of the country at the moment) and after waiting over 30 minutes in line, the agent ended out chat right after I said hi. I'm so incredibly frustrated by this entire process. Can someone please help and recommend what I can do to get these charges removed? Thank you all very much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Aliceh , I'm sorry that you are having difficulty getting your account straightened out. Since you are out of the country,  I would suggest reaching out to fidosolutions on social media through either Twitter or Facebook and interact via direct message. Once you answer some security questions and give permission for them to access your account, then they can review your concerns with you.   I do hope that this method works better for you. All the best, OL 

Aliceh

Thank you so much, I will try that!