Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified pre owned warranty

mathurina
I'm a contributor level 1

hello

Bought an iPhone XR certified pre owned on payment program. Where can I find the warranty information for the product. How long is warranty for.?
thanks

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @mathurina,

The CPO iPhones have a warranty of 180 days only. The original proof of purchase is required.

Warranty.jpg

Taken from here.

mathurina

Thanks but there seems to be contradicting info. Your Site says "can be up to one year", the card in the box says "between 90days, 6 months or 1yr" and the rep told me one year when i call for the phone. My problem is that i need some document that shows the warranty period on the phone.  They asked to save the Proof of Activation form that was included with shipment. There was none. my question now is if something happens 

to my phone how do i know when the warranty is up and what do i show for proof of purchase.

thankspic1.PNG

pic2.jpg

Hey, @mathurina I can understand your confusion, the card that comes with the device is just a generic card that is included with all CPO device that's why it says "The warranty on this device can vary".

I would still go with the information stated from the link I provided as it specifically notes the iPhone only has 180 days manufacturers warranty. 

You should have gotten an account change confirmation email that includes your device and IMEI number that would be your proof of purchase for the manufacturer's warranty.

mathurina

Thanks for the response and support. I did some research and found what I was looking for on apple support. 

1. Go to checkcoverage.apple.com
    There you will find all information on apple products attached to your apple account. 
    Found out that I have 10 months left on coverage. Thanks 86249618-9612-404A-BDB1-93A39AE47C79.jpeg

mathurina

warranty information can also be found by going to Setting-General-About on your iphone.

thanks