cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my plan for a few months since i am out of the country

covid21
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been trying to cancel my plan for 3 months now. The option on my phone app doesnt cancel it and also Fido support through phone just keeps on putting me on hold. My fido SIM hasn't been used for 3 months now but i still keep getting the bills. What else can i do to cancel my service for a few months?

4 REPLIES 4

Cejleblanc
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

(former Fido rep here)

Are you on a contract? You can't suspend / cancel your service if you are - it's like saying "well I'm not going to make my car payments for 3 months because I want be driving it"

As well, in order to keep your plan, you will have to make monthly payments or else your phone will be suspended and possibly blacklisted. 

Hello Cejleblanc,

@Cejleblanc wrote:

...As well, in order to keep your plan, you will have to make monthly payments or else your phone will be suspended and possibly blacklisted. 

In addition to what Kapable-K mentioned below, I don't believe the device will be blacklisted due to non-payment. As far as I am aware, only a customer can request an IMEI to be blacklisted. If an account has defaulted, all costs are charged to the account. However, as you note, services can be suspended for non-payment (see Terms of Service; section 2i). If the payments remain unpaid, the account would go into collections (see here). 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @Cejleblanc

You are allowed to suspend your line even if you are in a "contract" which is financing a device because the plan price is separate from the device financing the temporary suspension can be done for the plan but you will still be billed for the device financing portion. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @covid21,

Welcome to the community!

What you are trying to do is called a Temporary Suspension, if it is not working when you try to do it through the app try logging into your account directly on fido.ca if it is still not working then you will have to contact customer service directly, you can do so through any of the methods listed here.

All post-paid accounts are billed monthly, regardless of whether you use them.