Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send out text messages but can receive - Fido

mjaysworld
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, 

I just got my Fido contract on February 4th on a Samsung A8 and while I can receive texts, I have never been able to send out any. I have gone through forums and tried checking the message center number - it's +15149931123 as I believe it should be. I have never had issues receiving any messages but can't think why nothing is working as far as outgoing messages go. I even tried adding a subject to the messages but that seems to switch it to multimedia messages. help!!

5 REPLIES 5

ZEH9-34_
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Same issue here too 😕 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @mjaysworld,

Welcome to the community!

Are you using the default messaging app that came on the phone if you can you try installing the Google Messages app and see if it works. 

You can also try clearing the messenger app cache and see if if works. Go to settings->apps then look for the messenger app go into that and then storage and clear the app data and cache.

If all fails try a factory reset.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @mjaysworld

Welcome to the community Smiley

Just to clarify, are you unable to send a text message to all your contacts or to specific ones only? Have you also had the chance to try sending a text message to your own number?

We'd also be happy to take a closer look at this together. To get started, you can reach out to us at these channels or we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Let us know!

mjaysworld

Hi, 

So I can't text any contacts including myself but I can receive messages just fine.

mjaysworld

Hello,

Just an update. My issue has been resolved. None of the usual methods worked and I ended up doing a Live chat with a Fido agent online. He did a 'resend' on my line and voila, I'm texting with no issues. Glad it's been resolved and I hope this helps someone too.

Thanks for all the help and inputSmiley