cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to my previous Fido number go to messaging centre

Soban
I'm a participant level 2

I had an active fido internet account. I also had a fido phone (lets call this number x). I moved my line to another company (freedom mobile). And then few months later I moved a different number to fido (lets call this number y).

Now whenever I call number x (previously fido and now freedom mobile) from my number Y(presently fido), my call goes to fido messaging center which asks me to enter 10 digit customer phone number.

I called number x from other numbers(freedom, fido and rogers), and they all work but when i call from y, it goes to messaging center.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Soban

Phone is new from freedom. Didnt have any problem when my current number y was with a different provider. Also no one else has a problem except me.

Hey @Soban 

That's definitely odd do you have the number saved and you are calling it that way or are you manually entering the number when dialing?

Maybe you have the Voicemail number saved? This should not be happening.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Soban,

The number you moved to Freedom are you using the same phone you were using with Fido? I'm thinking the phone is set to forward the calls to voicemail which the phone might still be set to Fido. 

You will have to configure the phone for Freedom.