cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call drops or no voice constantly for over a year

dawn201616
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

one of the lines on the Fido plan which is samsung galaxy S8 , keep dropping the calls or the voice gets mute ( the phone conversation is not mote at all from both sides but no voice is heard)  this has been happening over a year now and it is only from this phone to other phones ( mainly Rogers and Fido) . calling over whatsapp ( over wifi)  the call never drops .the phone has no Data  plan .  yesterday 28th of september was the worst . the call droped constantly and calling that number it goes straight to voice mail all day long. thank you in advance 

1 REPLY 1

Hi @dawn201616 , welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with one of your lines. A few questions for you, is your Samsung s8 up to date with system and app updates? Have you tried your sim card in any other phone to see if it improves? If I recall correctly the S8 is no longer supported by Samsung for any further updates so it may be possible that the device isn't up to date with any changes to carrier upgrades. See if the card works better in another device, or not and if it does it could be the device. If it remains the same, then further investigation is required through fido tech support. You can reach a customer service representative by calling them at *611 from your phone. Hope this helps a bit, have a good evening,  cheers OL