CHANGED from Talk Plan to Data Plan

I'm a Participant Level 2 gilsontsang
I'm a Participant Level 2

CHANGED from Talk Plan to Data Plan

I have 2 questions:

1) Are all the BYOD plans month to month basis and there is NO commitment (i.e. I can quit the plan anytime)?

2) If I change from my Talk ONLY plan (no contract, month-to-month) to Data Plan, is my Data Plan effective immediately or is there a 24hours waiting period? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: CHANGED from Talk Plan to Data Plan

Hello Gilsontsang,

Welcome to the community!

The BYOP plans are on a month to month basis so you can quit the plan at any time. If you switch plans, there may be prorated charges depending on when you made the changes.

I understand you have a Talk only plan. Do you also have another mobile plan? I believe the Data only plans are only available to Fido postpaid customers with mobile plan (voice only, data only, Fido Home Phone and prepaid plans not eligible; see Full details here). If you just have the Talk only plan, I do not believe you'll be able to switch to a Data only plan.

On the other hand, are you intending on switching to a Fido Pulse or Data, Talk, and Text plan?

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

depends on the time of day of the data only service is activated.

so if the data is activated during busines hours, u should be able to use the service asap.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Gilsontsang,

Welcome to the community!

The BYOP plans are on a month to month basis so you can quit the plan at any time. If you switch plans, there may be prorated charges depending on when you made the changes.

I understand you have a Talk only plan. Do you also have another mobile plan? I believe the Data only plans are only available to Fido postpaid customers with mobile plan (voice only, data only, Fido Home Phone and prepaid plans not eligible; see Full details here). If you just have the Talk only plan, I do not believe you'll be able to switch to a Data only plan.

On the other hand, are you intending on switching to a Fido Pulse or Data, Talk, and Text plan?

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoJulien
Former Moderator

Hey @gilsontsang

It seems like Cawtau answered pretty much all your questions!  For your data, it'll start working right away, but depending on whether you got a Pulse plan or not, it might be prorated.  On a talk, text and data plan, your data is prorated so you only have a portion of what's included based on your billing cycle.  If you switched to a Pulse plan though, you'll have access to your full data bucket.

Hope it helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4