Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGED from Talk Plan to Data Plan

gilsontsang
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have 2 questions:

1) Are all the BYOD plans month to month basis and there is NO commitment (i.e. I can quit the plan anytime)?

2) If I change from my Talk ONLY plan (no contract, month-to-month) to Data Plan, is my Data Plan effective immediately or is there a 24hours waiting period? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @gilsontsang

It seems like Cawtau answered pretty much all your questions!  For your data, it'll start working right away, but depending on whether you got a Pulse plan or not, it might be prorated.  On a talk, text and data plan, your data is prorated so you only have a portion of what's included based on your billing cycle.  If you switched to a Pulse plan though, you'll have access to your full data bucket.

Hope it helps Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Gilsontsang,

Welcome to the community!

The BYOP plans are on a month to month basis so you can quit the plan at any time. If you switch plans, there may be prorated charges depending on when you made the changes.

I understand you have a Talk only plan. Do you also have another mobile plan? I believe the Data only plans are only available to Fido postpaid customers with mobile plan (voice only, data only, Fido Home Phone and prepaid plans not eligible; see Full details here). If you just have the Talk only plan, I do not believe you'll be able to switch to a Data only plan.

On the other hand, are you intending on switching to a Fido Pulse or Data, Talk, and Text plan?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

depends on the time of day of the data only service is activated.

so if the data is activated during busines hours, u should be able to use the service asap.