cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring my number to Fido

Ertip88
I'm a participant level 2

I changed my provider online to Fido on Nov 28th. Issued a temporary number . Received my Fido sim card today. Ended my phone plan with previous provider Dec 1st at end of billing period. How do I get my old phone number back? When applying online, Fido checked my old provider number and said it was possible. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ertip88,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, if your services with your previous provider have already ended, I'm not sure if it's possible to get your old phone number. With the phone number port process, the phone number and account need to be active (see here).

I'm not sure if it's possible, however, you might consider contacting your old provider to see if you can reinstate your account and phone number. If possible, it might incur additional fees. If your account and phone number can be re-activated, you can then ask Fido to port your phone number from that provider. Once the port completes, your account with your old provider would automatically get cancelled.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ertip88

Thank you Cawtau. I reactivated my account with my former provider. how do I ask Fido to port my phone number from that provider to Fido?

Hello again,

Glad to hear you were able to get your account re-activated! In order to initiate the number port process, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers