cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright Star SCAM!

Jsmith567
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My google pixel, kicked the bucket today, April 30th. Rest it's precious soul. We're in the middle of a pandemic, under quarantine, but no worries, because Fido has good customer service, and I was impressed with Fido's customer service, Daniel, I didn't get your last name, fantastic customer support. But now lets move onto Brightstar, well their online system requires i be able to turn my phone on, to file a claim for a malfunctioning device, no worries so what do I do? Well I use their online chat system. and Daniel, was going through his stuff to try to find a solution for me, great customer service Daniel, I mean this, great customer service. After thirty minutes to get to a brightstar agent, I explain my issue and they close the chat... I then, try again, wait another thirty minutes to have a brightstar representative, tell me ill need to borrow someone else's phone to call them, or go 100kms to the nearest fido store, to bring my phone in... I explain that's absurd, but nope won't have it, his explanation they can't process my deductible payment over chat... I asked for a supervisor... and he disconnected on me! (yea looking at you lawrence)... No way for me to get the transcripts of the chat, so exact verbiage may not be there. Then, I go through again to demand a refund of my fees, if Brightstar wont honour their policy without demanding I either go beg in the streets for a phone during a pandemic, or B, walk 100kms... thats a pretty big failure to honour an insurance contract, insurance contracts by the way, are governed by uberrimae fidae, utmost good faith between an insured and insurer. I waited for about 15 minutes... and how do i get on the chat window?! Lawrence... who refused to issue a refund, and then refused to talk with me, when i mentioned its mandatory under the consumer protection act... currently trying to talk with fido customer service, who i hope wont let me down... but I've been waiting twenty minutes now to get to a customer support supervisor.

1 REPLY 1

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jsmith567

I'm sad to read your experience with Brightstar was not a good one. I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together!

Talk to you soon Smiley