Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking my number on Fido Home Phone

brgrundy
I'm a participant level 2

Greetings,

Just wondering if there is a way to set up the Fido home phone so that the phone number is not displayed to the call recipient?  I've been told that the only way to do that would result in incoming phone numbers being blocked as well.  And, I'm really hoping the only solution isn't to dial #31# before each call.  Any information greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

stathi7
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

please let me know how to block name and number for outgoing calls

Hey @stathi7 , welcome to the Community!

You can find how to do so in the solution to this thread Smiley

You can block your name/number temporarily by dialing #31# from your phone before placing a call.

If you'd like to block it for every call, I'd suggest contacting us through one of our channels here so we can add the block.

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @brgrundy

Thanks for reaching out to the Community Smiley 

You can indeed block your name/number from showing up temporarily, by dialing #31# from the phone. 

We can access your Fido account as well & add a special block, to block the number from showing when placing outgoing calls. 

If that's something you'd like to do, let me know & I'll send you a PM!

brgrundy

Hello, yes, I would like to have my phone number blocked on outgoing calls.  Another question, is it possible to increase the number of rings before a call goes to voicemail?  Right now it is about four rings.  More would be better.

Thanks,

Brad.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

No problem @brgrundy, I'll send you a PM to get started!

As for your second question, it's not possible to modify the number of rings before a call goes to voicemail.

Hey everyone, 

I just wanted to update this thread. 

It's now possible to extend the rings before a call is sent to  voicemail. If you'd like to have 6 rings instead of 4, simply reach out to customer service and they'll be able to set this up for you!