Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Scam

shivam_sharma
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I have 1000 International Minutes but customer service is saying that i have used over the limit and charged me for $135 on top of my actual bill which is just not acceptable. 

I always check for my minutes and data used every day. I remember that there were 100 minutes still remaining. Either they have wrong calculations or there application is lagging and not displaying correct use of data. I am not in state of paying any extra money

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Shivam_sharma,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of the awful surprise you received on your bill. Do you have a plan with limited call minutes (ie 100 or 500 Canada-wide)?

Firstly, you should note that the Canada-wide minutes are a bit of a misnomer. They should more accurately be considered as Minutes (or Airtime) with Canadian long-distance (LD) included. That is, the Canada-wide minutes are not strictly for use within Canada. You should also note that LD calls are billed for by the minute LD and airtime charges apply (see Full details here). Also, incoming calls (regardless of origin) also count as airtime against your Anytime limit.

Additionally, the 1000 International minutes are only for the LD portion of a call. A call to one of those countries (aside from evenings and weekends) counts against both your international minutes (LD) and 500 minutes (airtime). If you have a limited number of anytime minutes, you will be charged additional minutes for overage usage. So, if you have 500 anytime minutes and used 600 of your International minutes, there would be an additional 100 anytime minutes charged. If you have a plan which has limited minutes, additional minutes are 50¢ per minute (see #3 in Full Details).

You should also note that the 1000 International minutes are only to certain countries (see here). If your LD calls were to Countries not included with those 1000 minutes, additional LD charges would apply. You can view the LD rates here, under View preferred International rates.

Have you viewed your bill to see what the are charges? You can do so using My Account and View Bill. It should detail the additional charges -- whether they were for international long-distance (LD) or going over your Anytime airtime allocation.

If you would like to discuss your bill or plan details, you will need to contact customer service so they can access your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers