cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About sim card

Seongyoon
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm writing to ask several questions about sim card.

My sister is going to study Canada for a year, and she have own phone. She wants to get a sim card.

Is the contract mandatory and how long is the contract? Can she stop to use your sim card whenever she want?

Do you have a any discounts like acquaintances or any promotions that she can use? Because I have used fido too. Can she get discount for sub account?

I saw that there is no subscription fee on your sebsite. Is it still valid?

If she use all data of plans, will data be stop right away or add extra charge automatically?

Thank you for checking my questions and please reply,

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Seongyoon,

Welcome to the community!

Is the contract mandatory and how long is the contract? Can she stop to use your sim card whenever she want?

Since she has her own phone she can get a BYOP plan (Bring Your Own Phone). She can cancel at any time, also, she would need to make sure her phone is compatible with the Fido network see here for the requirements.

Do you have a any discounts like acquaintances or any promotions that she can use? Because I have used fido too. Can she get discount for sub account?

If she gets her own account you can refer her and you both get a $50 bill credit see here for details.

She will be able to get any of the available promotions offered at that time, you can also check your account for any promotion for adding a line and see which is the best option. If you go for the add a line then you can not do the referral.

I saw that there is no subscription fee on your sebsite. Is it still valid?

Yes, if you do it online you will not have to pay the activation fee.

If she use all data of plans, will data be stop right away or add extra charge automatically?

All the current plans have data overage protection.

"Once you have used all the data included in your plan, your access to data services will be paused until the end of your current billing cycle. We will send you a text message notifying you when you have used 100% of the data allotment included in your plan with the option to purchase more data."

Hope this helps.