Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About new phone activation, picking my phone number, and long distance map

jeon1226
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have some question about a new phone activation, picking my phone number, and long distance map

I want to activate my wife's phone. She do not have any phone now.

I already got her sim card and a phone.

So I tried to activate her phone via fido homepage, but I failed.

1. I live in Ontario Waterloo, but the homepage said that no phone numbers were avilable in Waterloo so I should try again later or pick another city.

Is this temporary shortage of phone numbers? or just an error of the homepage?

When can I pick the Waterloo number? Do I need to go to a fido service center to activate?

2. If I choose Guelph or Kitchener as my region, the homepage show me some phone numbers available.

I will use that phone in Waterloo, so I want to know about long distance boudaries. Google said maybe there is no fido LD boundaries map availabe in internet since 2010... please fix it.

Are Kichener and Waterloo in the same region?

Are Guelph and Waterloo in the same region?

If I choose Guelph or Kitchener region number and use that phone in Waterloo, do I have to pay LD rate?

Thank you.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoStephane

Hi there jeon1226,

Kitchener and Waterloo are local, so using a Kitchener number in Waterloo or vice versa is fine.

Also, please note that all our plans launched since March 2013 include unlimited Canadian long-distance, so if you have a newer plan you can have St-Johns number and use it in Waterloo, it wouldn't matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable
just go to a local fido store and activate. they should have a fido kiosk somewhere in Kitchener/water loo or Cambridge? no?

also if u want, call the fido toll free number and activate over the phone instead if u want, 1888-481-FIDO its a FREE call