cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 Years of Loyalty means 0

Rickorama
I'm a participant level 2

What a long experience so ill try to keep it short and leave a couple things out.

My Iphone 5 finally is giving out. I called 3 days ago and got 2 quotes. I then called in the next day and the offers were not around anymore and there was no incentive for an upgrade. I decided to call yesterday (Sunday) and work something out. The 1st lady was very helpful and said there was a loyalty savings again towards a new phone. I had tried to access the upgrade online which had a higher incentive than the loyalty one they offered but i couldn't access through my account. (Which i had phoned in about a couple times already and they had no idea why i couldn't even though the app worked for the other stuff) She then said she would offer me the online price cause i couldn't access it. We go the plan etc picked out. I asked if she could give me a couple bucks off the plan since i have been with Fido for a long time, nothing she could do. (40 mins with her) I asked to talk with a supervisor and she said about an hour. 6th in line. Turns out I was on hold for alot longer.... 2hrs and 45 mins (I watched movies while waiting and preferred to wait instead of a return call in 12-24hrs) before a supervisor was available!. That's with only 5 people ahead of me!

The supervisor comes on and tells me that she cant honor the online price like the 1st lady said so i have to do it myself online...Cant access my account...She says its because im not registered! After the couple times i called in she finds out why like that! Its a hassle to do but i get set up. I do the online stuff and do the prepay for the cost owing on the phone. I then ask since ive been loyal to Fido for 11 years, possibly a slight discount on the plan or something, anything? Nope....nothing i can do. I expressed that even though ive been with Fido so long that a new customer gets the same deal? Yup that's the way it is and she cant do anything further for me. Now don't get me wrong, she was kind, patient and helpful but i was very disappointed and expressed my thoughts but it fell on deaf ears. (40 mins with her) So i walk away with the same deal as a 1st day customer and lost a total of over 4 hrs of my Sunday on the phone with this.

Lastly, Fido had helped me out in the past and had given me a couple sweet deals on plans etc....but after this experience and the lack of caring or even trying to show that just over 11 years being loyal to a company, even though i could have company jumped like others do to get better deals and didn't, that you can be treated just like a number and your time, patience and loyalty is worth pretty much zero. 

2 REPLIES 2

FidoKenny

Hello @Rickorama  and welcome to the Community. Smiley

I went over what you explained and I'm sorry to learn that you didn't get the best possible experience. It's time for you to get a new device and I understand that you are looking to get your hands on the best deal. 

We do appreciate your loyalty and I can assure you that our representatives always work to give you the best possible offers.

We would be happy to verify what was discussed so far on your account. You can find the ways to contact us here. If it's more convenient for you, we can also send you a PM through the community.

Let us know!

Rickorama

Have to give big shout-out and a thanks to FidoPhilippe for being understanding and helping me out.