Moving to new apartment -Fido home internet

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Moving to new apartment -Fido home internet

Hello. I am moving to new apartment next month and want to keep Fido home internet plan. 

I found that I can change home address from Fido account online. The new address is same area, just next a few blocks away. Also, that apartment is providing Rogers, and Bell lane.

In this case, should I call Fido about moving address before moving? or, just change my new address on online after, then connect to same modem?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Moving to new apartment -Fido home internet

Hello @dinggididu,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to give Fido advance notice of your move so they can ensure services will be activated at the new address. You can call 1-855 364-7007 and they will assist you in changing the service to the new address.

Fido will make the change of address when you call to have your internet service moved to the new address.

If you have wireless services also you can change the address yourself in the MY ACCOUNT section on fido.ca. This way you will not be charged the $10 fee for having customer service do it.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Moving to new apartment -Fido home internet

Hello @dinggididu,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to give Fido advance notice of your move so they can ensure services will be activated at the new address. You can call 1-855 364-7007 and they will assist you in changing the service to the new address.

Fido will make the change of address when you call to have your internet service moved to the new address.

If you have wireless services also you can change the address yourself in the MY ACCOUNT section on fido.ca. This way you will not be charged the $10 fee for having customer service do it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2