cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem swapping issue that is taking 4+ days to resolve

Vjollca
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

On Sunday, I went to a Fido store to swap a modem. During the swapping, the system glitched and did not fully perform the swap to recognize the new modem against my account.

i have been on the phone with about 20 different people and, and I feel none are taking my matter seriously. It should not take over 3 days to solve this issue.

i have two kids who rely on the internet for their learning, myself and my wife who work from home. We have spent over 100 dollars on cellphone data to try and connect and do the work.

considering COVID-19, FIDO shouod put customers safety first and think about my 9 and 11 year old missing school.
I am very disappointed with Fido technical team that do not reverse the swap than perform the swap correctly, or overwrite the data on the account and force the swap, or on the back end force the data change.

4 REPLIES 4

Blakcard
I'm a participant level 2

I feel like I'm in the same box.  Having modem issues and they want to book a truck roll for a tech to come and assess whats already been identified. The kicker is I can't go to a store for a simple swap.  I miss those days where I can walk into a store.  I'm now left with finding another provider this weekend and cancelling Fido when I do... this is not a good business model folks...

Hey @Blakcard

Have you contacted our tech team?

You can reach them our Home Internet Tech support at 1-888-236-FIDO (3436) or you can also contact them through live chat right here: https://fido.ly/3lAivJh

Just scroll to the bottom and click on: Contact us
Afterwards: My Fido Services
And finally, you should see an option towards the bottom of the page that says "Live Chat"

Let us know if you have any other questions.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Vjollca

I am sorry to see you're experiencing these kinds of difficulties with your Fido Home Internet. 

We absolutely understand the importance of having a reliable connection during these times and I am sure that our support teams are doing everything they can to get this sorted out for you as quickly as possible.

You can also check-in for updates with our Fido Home Internet Technical Support team through live chat right from here

Blakcard

This Auto generated AI response has no urgency or resolution except to wait....no, family time is costly and this business model is good for your stock holders...not good for your customers