Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet extremely slow

allenchan503
I'm a participant level 2

Here are some details:

1) Using Hitron CODA-4582U modem.

2) In the modem setting, I am using bridge mode (Residential Gateway Function set to Disabled)

3) I am tech-savvy so I know what I am doing.

4) Also I replaced my existing router with a new $299 Asus router but getting the same experience. I have narrowed down to your Internet service being poor for the past 3-4 weeks.

Experiencing:

Internet service just suddenly stops working and requires a modem restart for the past week and a half. Games were still playable. (No lag / ping issues). But I work at home, your Internet service completely dies DURING my Zoom meetings. This is completely unacceptable.

Last 3 days, the lag spike is so bad, I cannot play any online games (Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, etc).

Please get your technical staff to check the entire block for Postal Code L4S.

I have a coworker that lives in another block 10 mins away and they are experiencing the same poor Internet quality.

No I am not moving to Bell. This has nothing to do with Wifi signal because I am not even using the Wifi function provided from the modem. And no I am not angry at any of the support staff here. Just get it resolved this week.

6 REPLIES 6

Jonnyjj

Same issue here.  Just called technical support and after 40 minutes of waiting on hold an automated message came on saying "we cannot take your call at this time"  and hung up on me.  Getting very tired of this.  Oh and btw Internet was not working very well a few days ago.  Had a technician come out.  He put a new line in my house,  moved the modem to my main floor,  and upgraded my modem.  Internet is worse now.  Looking for answers.  Im almost done with Fido.  Garbage products and service.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jonnyjj! Thanks so much for letting us know about this, we'd love to resolve things!

Our tech support should be able to take your call now, can you please call them at 1-888-259-3436 so they can investigate?

Hope that info helps and that everything works out Smiley 

allenchan503

Technician came by and fixed it. Thanks.

FidoKenny

Hey @allenchan503

Happy to learn that you are not planning to move your service. We are happy to have you with us here.

This doesn't sound right concerning you internet speed.  You had a chance to restart your modem?

If this persists, I invite you to contact our technical support. You can find the ways to reach us here

allenchan503

Your Live chat is broken.

The speed is going down hill. Can you please escalate this to your Technical Support team.

The Internet is so bad, I used phone tether on my 4G LTE connection to game instead of using the Fido Home Internet Connection. This is completely unacceptable.

If your team cannot fix this, I am afraid I will have to cancel even if I am moving to another Cable provider.

Hey @allenchan503,

I assure you that we really wouldn't want to see you leave and want this to be fixed as much as you do. 

Can you please reach our technical support by phone instead? They're open 24/7 and they're the right people to look into this with you, I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out!