cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to close my home internet account

Azizmamuji
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

For the last 4 days  I have been contacting Fido customer service to cancel my home internet and every call is dropped after waiting for 40 min in line. I can't believe the time am spending just to get connected with Fido. A week before, a customer representative told me I can cancel the account from the store and  the store told me it's not possible. I am really running out of patience here and for each day I have to pay more. Unbelievable service. How can a company be so irresponsible. Why do you have customer service if you can't help your customers. I need a resolution and I will make sure anyone in social circle will ever a get a Fido connection 

7 REPLIES 7

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

The delays are a bit longer as we're busier than usual this week, but I assure you all our customers are important to us and we're doing everything we can to get to everyone as fast as possible. You can also contact us through Live Chat and Facebook /Twitter or we can send you a PM here on the community if you still need help, let us know. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Azizmamuji,

Welcome to our community!

We're really sorry to read about the experience you had, we definitely aim to offer a positive experience to our customers through all channels. 

None of our stores are able to cancel any service and I apologize if you were given different information. As for the calls dropping when contacting customer service, this should now be resolved. 

If you still need assistance with your account, you can contact us through one of these different channels or we can send you a PM on the community, let us know! 

noaccountnumber
I'm a contributor level 1

I think you will make a smart choice if you cancel  your service with Fido, because Fido don't really gave a **bleep** about the Customer 

Hey @noaccountnumber,

I assure you our customers are very important to us! If you need help, reach out through the channels available from my other post and we'll be happy to help! 

noaccountnumber

Huh, I tried Yesterday and Today and nobody  pick up the telephone 

It seem like the online Customer service only Available for the New Customer only  who is looking for Internet and not for the senior loyal Customer

zmalik
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

After waiting for long, I visited the FIDO store for cancelling my Internet service (that does not work at my home), and they refused to accept the cancellation.  They requested that I contact FIDO by calling them.  I have made subsiquent calls, and my phone got disconnected after an hour.  I am not sure where else to go for cancelling my service? 

Hey @zmalik,

Check out my post above, you'll find more info there.