cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer Internet from Rogers

Paul613
I'm a participant level 2

What is the best way to transfer my Internet from Rogers to Fido Home Internet? Do I need to cancel with Rogers first, or can Fido cancel my Rogers service as part of the transition? How long should I expect to be without Internet service during the transition?

There are posts which say Fido Home Internet uses their own coaxial cable infrastructure, but Fido does not own any coax to my home (Rogers does). I have used Fido's online tool to verify that Fido Home Internet is available at my address, but the transitioning procedure is not at all clear beyond that.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Paul613 and Welcome to the Community!

Glad to know you're thinking of moving your internet over! 

The process is fairly simple! 

You'll have to order the modem which will only take a few days to come. Once you get it, simply hook it up to the wall and follow the quick steps to set it up! It will only take a few minutes. Once the set up is done, you're all set! 

You can definitely wait until you receive the new modem before you disconnect your current provider. That way, you'll be without internet only for a few minutes.

Let us know when you're ready for the switch!

Paul613

Can I place the order and pick up the modem from a Fido store or mall kiosk? (E.g. at Bayshore shopping center in Ottawa)?

At the moment, the modem is only up for delivery Smiley

Hey everyone, 

I just wanted to update this thread. 

If you are switching your internet services from Rogers to Fido, you don't need to contact Rogers to deactivate your service, we'll request the cancellation for you as long as you request it. 

Keep in mind that you will still be responsible for outstanding charges or early cancellation fees if applicable. 

Once your Fido Internet is activated and your Rogers Internet is deactivated, you can return the Rogers modem at a Rogers retail store. You can also call Rogers and arrange a modem return.

Hope this helps !