cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet Activation Pending

hasbus
I'm a participant level 3

I placed the order for two new internet connections at two addresses at the local mall on June 9th.  I received two modems the same day and brought them home.  One connection was activated on June 10th, but the second one still shows online as "Yov've got pending request".

I have called in multiple times, sent private messages to the moderators here as well.  There are no real updates in the case #s that have been opened for me, and I am still waiting for internet connection.

I am also told that the order I placed can not be cancelled as it is in the pending status.  That leaves me in a limbo and I am not sure on how to proceed.

I saw some other topics in the past where new home internet activation was stuck in the past for some users, but saw no real solution to any of those topics.

Can someone help?

***Edited to add Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

FidoKenny

Hey @hasbus.

I just replied to your PM concerning this.

Talk to you soon.

hasbus

Thanks @FidoKenny.  Is there a SLA on how long it should take for new activations or orders?

@hasbus

Since you already have the modem, the activation should be immediate.

This is definitely something that our support team is verifying of you.

Your patience is appreciated.

For any assistance related to your acccount, don't hesitate to send us a PM.

hasbus

@FidoKenny - Yes, i agree that it should be.  But since I have seen others post similar messages in the past, regardless of my issue, I think Fido should look at it as something they need to improve in the workflow or process they have in place for such activations.

Thanks again for your continued support.

@hasbus

Your feedback is really appreciated @hasbus.

I will definitely forward your comments to the team in charge.

hasbus

From Support:

Troubleshooting case "created on June 9. The delay for that case is between 7 to 12 days, so we should expect a resolution between June 16 and June 21."

For a service ordered on June 9th, this seems bad techincal service quality.  (still very good customer service when I talk to Support).

hasbus

Just to update the viewers, the service got activated today and is working great.  Fido did provide me with daily updates and although the wait was a bit annoying, I am happy with their overall offerings and customer service!

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Glad to hear everything got sorted out @hasbus! Very_Happy