cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrations with Fido Home internet

arijitpaul
I'm a participant level 2

I took Fido home internet and a technicion handed me the modem on 29th Sept. When he called after some time I told him internet is not working. He never bothered to check and vanished from there. I tried to call him, left him voice message, but no help. Since then am trying to reach out to Fido and wasting my precisous time in waiting 1hr-2hr but no one picks up. Is this the level of internet service that people opt for? Horrendous service which I have never experienced in my lifetime. Is it not cheating customers? Can you imagine living without internet for 7 days...specially during this Covid time? Did anyone think of taking them to court of justice for cheating customers?

I have no clue why do they even sell this service. 

4 REPLIES 4

arijitpaul

I can't even cancel this service online as it asks me to call customer care(chat option doesn't work)- Can you beat this? Chicken and egg problem. 

Hey @arijitpaul, welcome to the community!

This is really not the way we'd want you or any of our customers to feel. I'd like to get to the bottom of this internet situation for you, so I'd have a few questions: 

-What lights do you see on your modem?

-Was the installation completed?

-Does the internet work at all?

Let me know please!

arijitpaul

@FidoDaniela Did you even read my post properly? Your GREAT home internet didn't work from day 1. Fido home internet is a great mockery to the consumers. Please stop the service. Fido doesn't even own internet, it resells service from Rogers. After trying for 7 days in order to reach out to Fido customer care, finally I could speak to someone from Fido customer care(imagine if your Fido internet suddenly goes down while you are doing WFH and by the time it comes back, probably no one will recognize you at office, as if a prehistoric reappeared) and they wasted my 30 mins trying to troubleshoot while I kept on telling that it was an upstream issue. Finally they tossed me over to Rogers customer care. Rogers guy was very smart. He said "don't worry sir" and opened one escalation ticket for me saying that one technican will be at my reseidence in few hours. No one turned up in 48 hrs. Finally I went back to Bell and asked them to install internet at my home and entire process was a breeze. Yes, I am throwing away Fido home internet.

@others guys don't waste your precious time in order to save few bucks by using Fido Home internet. Trust me and spend your time elsewhere instead of running after bunch of reckless guys.

Hey @arijitpaul, I'm sorry that you have left us and didn't have the greatest experience. 

We appreciate your feedback and your comments. If there is anything else that we can do for you please let us know, we'll be happy take a look at it with you.