cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with the home internet

Keaton
I'm a participant level 2

So I got the Fido home internet on march 25th and when I got the modem from Fido first of all it didn't come with a coaxial cable. So I had to go spent money to get one, I didn't care much about that. Then I plugged it in and it didn't work so I called technical support and they said they are gonna sent a technician on the 1st April, and I confirmed my address twice, the technician calls me at 4 pm saying he's at a different address in north York when I live in Etobicoke, so I asked if he can come here cuz it was a 10 minutes drive from where he was, he said it's out of his zone. So I called technical support again and asked them how it happened, they didn't have anything to say and said they are fully booked for Thursday and Friday so they gotta book a technician for on Saturday the 3rd April. And today I called them at 10 am to confirm they got the address right and the technician is gonna be here to fix the situation. And they had to cancel it cuz they booked the technician for another address again. One time I understand but messing up the address twice I don't get it. I was soo close in cancelling my internet with Fido, cuz need internet urgently for my school. I had to pay 100$ for extra data on my phone. And the technical support said that they don't have anyone for today and the technician will be at my place tomorrow, when I needed it on Thursday to start with. They should sent someone today to be honest cuz it's their fault that they messed up the address twice why should I struggle with it. It's soo frustrating. I'm looking at other providers atm. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Keaton

Did the technician already come? If so, were they able to get your internet up and running? 

Keaton

I confirmed with the address early today, they said they'll be at the right address this time . Today around 4-6. I'm waiting.

Were they able to fix things @Keaton