Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido modem and Rogers cable tv

Joe18
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

As a Rogers cable TV customer, I am considering getting Fido home internet.  When I do the installation, will Fido's start up kit include a splitter and the necessary co-axial cables so that I can connect the cable TV converter box to the same cable outlet in the room?  Or do I need to buy the splitter elsewhere?

Also, if the internet modem and cable TV is hooked up to the same outlet, would the quality of the internet suffer?  

Thanks in advance for your help.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP
Hi

You will need to get a splitter. It is possible you can get interference from using a splitter.

You will only know once you hook it up. From my personal experience I never had issues with splitters. Actually the tech had to put a splitter on my modem from Rogers because the signal was too strong.

Coldwarvet

1st. Only if you use a cheap "gold" splitter. Most have RFI filters.

If your "tech" used a splitter as a Attenuator, he wasnt too bright. He should be carryng pads in his truck from 3db to 10db.

Welcome to the community @Joe18! Smiley

Here's a list of what's included with the modem: 

Fido Wi-Fi modem (Hitron CGN3AMF Gateway)
Power adapter (12VDC / 2.5A)
RJ45 ethernet cable (CAT 5e)
Quick Start guide
6-foot coaxial cable
Splitter

The connection can be done by yourself or by a technician depending on where you're located. Let us know if you need help checking that out. Smiley 

Oh so Fido do include a splitter thats good then.