cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged/Missing Cable

cbab
I'm a participant level 2

Although my area is serviced by CATV, I'm not a CATV customer, never have been.  back in 2013 we had an ice storm, which physically tore down the overhead coax cable between the utility pole and my house. I tried calling back then to get it repaired, but after 60 or so minutes of being passed around and not being able to past the fact that I'm not a rogers customer, but should still get the cable replaced in case its needed in future, I gave up. (It was actually the bell guy that recommended I try to get it reinstalled, when he came to replace the bell cable, which was also torn down by the same storm)

fast forward to Jan 2022. I ordered fido home internet service on Jan 16th.  When I called to place the order, I informed them of the cable situation, and was told that it was OK, the cable would be replaced and I would still be able to become a customer of the internet service. Awesome. I received my modem a couple days later. 

Today, Jan 25th, I received my first bill.

But I have yet to use the service, as the cable between my house and the utility pole is still physically missing.  The Modem remains unplugged. 

I am being patient, what with the heavy snow we've experienced and the covid situation, but that bill showing up before I even have any idea when my service will be available for me to use...well, it stings a little, paying for something I dont have. 

Anyone have any idea on how long a situation like this would normally take to fix ? Can I expect a phone call from the "cable guy" with a time ? 

2 REPLIES 2

cbab

Thank you. They told me I have a "case number" No times though.  I'll wait another week and see if I hear back. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @cbab,

Welcome to the community!

You should reach out directly to tech support (1-888-236-FIDO (3436) they can look at your account to make sure someone is scheduled to come out and run the line and better assist you.