cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use a TP-Link Archer C60 Modem with my Fido internet instead?

mcry1101
I'm a participant level 1

Can i use a TP-Link Archer C60 Modem with my Fido internet instead of the modem they ship? I'd like to use my own.

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @mcry1101,

Welcome to the community!

The TP-Link C60 is a router and yes you can use it, you still need the Fido modem to get internet access but you will need to configure the Fido modem in bridge mode then connect it to your router.

jiji212

It took me 3 hours to talk to an agent and was told that I am not allowed to use my own modem as modem😂. It's ridiculous that FIDO is compelling its customers to use their provided modem and not allowing them to use their own modem (not a router, as a modem). This is highly unacceptable and illegal to prohibit customers from using their own modem. FIDO is only doing this to collect extra monthly fees from its customers. For instance, $10 per month for modem rental fee amounts to $360 in 3 years (thank you, but I am not paying for the **bleep** Hitrontech modem), which is more expensive than any decent modem available in the market.

SHK7
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

why can't I use my own modem? Why I have to rent it from fido when I have one?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SHK7

By renting a modem through Fido we can ensure it stays current. You can certainly connect your own Wi-Fi router to the Fido Wi-Fi Modem (search “bridge mode” on fido.ca/support).

But rental of your Fido Wi-Fi Modem – a modem and Wi-Fi router in one - is required to connect to the Fido network. 

The Fido Wi-Fi modem we offer is tested to ensure the best possible performance on our network. This is an ongoing process that we continue to conduct to invest in updates to our network technology for you.

Renting our modem also acts as an ongoing warranty since you can always swap your modem for a replacement if an issue ever arises.

It’s included in our advertised pricing, so no extra charges. On your monthly bill we list the modem rental and internet service fee separately for clarity.