Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA Modem with only power light on and operating normal

megaman
I'm a participant level 3

modem.jpg

Second time happening, but I've just left it in this state for the time being as the internet is still working. 

First time when this happened, it was the same thing and I was able to access the modem via the web 192 address. I power cycled twice and it went searching for downstream signal forever. After calling support, they had me unplug the coax cable too and that solved the issue. After one night, it came back to this state again. 

I logged into the modem again and everything looks normal in the status/log/signal pages. 

Been using the modem for 10 months or so. 

Could this just be a burnt out LED board or something else is triggering it? 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoFaiza

Hi @megaman

Welcome to Community Smiley

If everything is working fine, I wouldn't worry about the light. I am not sure what might be causing it; anyone else in the Community might have an idea? 

megaman

I powercycled the modem one night and all the lights came back on. 
However, yesterday night same thing occurred twice, but this time, internet was lost.

First time, a powercycle fixed the issue. 
Second time, a powercycle seemed to bring everything back, except modem was not giving IP to the router anymore. Powercycle again and it fixed the issue.

We used to Cisco docsis 3.0 modems and I didn't need to powercycle modem more than 3 times in 5 years owning it. These Hitron modems seem to have reliability issues. 

Hello @megaman and welcome to the Community.

This light situation is not something that should happen. I want to thank you for sharing your experience on this thread.

Did you get a chance to contact our technical support? You can find the ways to reach them on our contact page here.

Don't hesitate to share the results with us whenever you get a chance.