cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

150$ Amazon Gift Card Promotion, False Advertisement

Christian333
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I signed up for Fido Home Internet Sept. 1st and was promised a 150$ amazon gift card. I lived-chat 1 week after signing up and asked about the gift card, the agent said wait 6 weeks. I lived-chat again after 6 weeks in mid October asking again about the gift card, the agent said they would escalate my case to another Fido team and it'll be another 3 weeks before I hear anything. It's reached the point now where I'm doing reasearch to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue with the amazon gift card promotion and it would appear that everyone who signed up with fido is being neglected their amazon gift card. It's the same story too, wait a bunch of weeks, check your spam, "oh you didnt get it, okay wait longer then check your spam". Why would a gift card go to our spam folder? Is Fido not legit enough to just send it in our regular inbox? 

Very upset with Fido.

False advertisment.

3 REPLIES 3

Anupama
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Same boat as you, I just posted as well. Same excuses given all the time. With so many people being victime of false advertising Fido should be liable to some kind of class action lawsuit. Yet to see anyone who has actually received this gift card

FidoAnthony

Hey everyone,

That's definitely not the type of experience we want you to have. Rest assured we are doing our best to get everyone their gift cards out as quickly as possible as it's important to us that all our customers are able to take advantage of the promotions we offer.

That said, we can definitely go over your account to see if there's any updates.

To get started, simply reach out to us on the channel of your choice. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Let us know! 😃

JP2997
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am in the same boat as you I waited the 6 weeks, but I at least got the registration email I am not sure if you did or not but like you I have also followed up with Fido Customer Service 3 times, and each time I was told my case would be escalated and I would receive a response within 1-2 weeks and I never received an email from them once regarding any of the 3 escalations and when I go back to speak to the Live Agent its the same thing, I am told my case will be escalated and when I speak to them about the previous escalations I am told the email has been sent out and I should check my junk mail.