cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from the FIDO Community .. Likes, Badges, Replies, etc

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

I was reading a post a while back and someone was a teeny bit ticked off. It happens, happens to me a lot. But the particular grievance had to do with trying to get an answer to a problem and getting emails about badges an such filling his/her inbox. Not an answer to the problem. Not helping get the issue resolved, more like getting a burr under the saddle. When you are annoyed, you don't want someone poking you with a pool noodle. It doesn't hurt, but it sure don't help.

Solution:

Click on the little box at the top right with your username.

Click My Settings

Click Emails

Check the box.

Don't send me any community emails. ✔️

That was easy wasn't it.

I don't know if it works, Haven't tried. but I did manage to get one of my girlies loaded up as a profile pic. Which why I was there in the first place. I won't be annoyed if you like this post, mark it as a solution and give me more badges.

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

🐩

1 REPLY 1

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hello @thePoodleFarmer 

🙂 Happy new year!

A lot of fidoers post because they're looking for answers so most would want to know asap when someone has answered cause they are stuck.  The email option is good to have in case you  have problems with your phone.  The setup of this community is pretty cool to let you choose your preferences.

Have a nice weekend!