cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel/close my account, but it seems like Fido doesn't want to let me do it

Ket
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I currently moved out of Canada permanently and tried to contact the agent to cancel the service. It took Fido customer service at least half an hour to start helping me after they tried to give me so many options not to let me cancel. I understood that it's their job to keep customers staying, but I was very clear throughout the conversation that I have no plans to go back to Canada and to continue using this phone number. Before the chat ended, they said I would receive a phone call from the back office in 1-2 days meaning that they still hadn't canceled the service as I requested. I told them that I'm no longer using the phone number can they call me with my current phone number, they said no. 

Now I don't know what i'm supposed to do. I'm trying to cancel it correctly and not just ghost the bills. I have no remaining balance either.

FYI: I couldn't cancel the phone number when I was still in Canada because of the flight ticket and emergency matters during my travel. 

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNajat

Hey @Ket ! As we are not to process cancelations on social media nor on Live Chat, you have to contact our Call center to help you. If you are abroad, you can reach them at 1-514-925-4590. 

We hope this helps.

Hey @Ket , it shouldn't be that difficult to cancel a line. May I suggest that you reach out to fidosolutions on Twitter and send them a direct message requesting assistance? You will be able to dialogue privately through messaging and also have a copy of the conversation. Here are some other ways to get a hold of customer support. All the best