Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Improvement: Canada-USA Plan

CNARJ
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I have been a Fido customer for 14 years. I am grateful for the perks and incentives that Fido offers to their longtime customers, and I am happy with my plan except for one thing: I've noticed a wave of Canadian telecommunication businesses offering Canada-USA plans for an affordable price; I've seen some plans for as low as $35/month and others for around $50/month which allow customers to use their plan in Canada and the USA without any additional roaming fees or charges.

I remember back in 2017, it was $7 a day to use your Fido plan in the USA; for a one or two-day trip, this wasn't a huge deal as it was a better alternative than purchasing a travel plan. But now, it's gone up to $12, which is simply not affordable, especially in this current economic climate. Telecommunications companies in the USA have already had this plan for years, so it's nice to see Canadian providers catching up and offering the same options. It seems that Fido may be one of the last providers that doesn't offer this plan, even some of the smaller companies like Koodo or Public Mobile offer this dual-country plan. I've heard that Fido offers this to some customers in Quebec, so I don't understand why the rest of Canada is not afforded this luxury. 

I am writing to urge Fido to consider offering this plan before the end of 2024, as new and loyal customers can only hold off for so long. We need to do what is in our best interest, and paying an additional $12 a day for a seven-day trip to the States will be an extra $84 on top of your monthly bill. It's simply too much money and we customers have other financial responsibilities. 

We shouldn't have to use eSIMS, special apps, or purchase an expensive travel plan when other companies offer affordable rates for a Canada-USA plan. Please consider expanding this throughout the country, thank you. 

0 REPLIES 0